We believe prevention is better than cure here at Maitland Motors, which is especially true when it comes to your vehicle passing its MOT first time or not.
Here are a few easy checks you can do at home before dropping your vehicle in for MOT that could help achieve a first-time pass, avoiding waiting on re-tests and repairs.
Checks can include,
- Is there water for your window screens?
- Are your levels inc oil topped up to the correct level?
- Do your wipers work correctly and keep the windows clean and clear?
- Do all your bulbs work? (Inc indicators and fog light?)
- How are your tyres looking? When was the last time you had them replaced? Are they inflated to the correct pressure?
- Are all your seatbelts working and assessable?
- Are there any warning lights illuminated on the dash?
- Check your mirrors. Is there a clear view of the roads behind and around you?
- How do your brakes feel? Do you hear any noises while braking? Are they less reactive than they once were?
If you do spot or feel that something might contribute to your vehicle failing, getting it booked in or making us aware of it before testing means our techs can address it quickly and efficiently. Also, you are without your vehicle for as short a time as possible and have a better idea of any costs involved beforehand.
If you’re unsure about doing this at home, we’d advise booking in for a Free Pre-MOT. Our trained and qualified techs can do it for you. Call or leave a comment below for more info or to book in here at Maitland Motors.